I’m glad that Aziz Maraka started this idea, It’s about getting Artists from all over the region, to preform live together!
What BAB is:
The biggest musical feature event in the Arab World; featuring Global and Local artists, the host band is consisted of 20 musicians performing on Drums, Bass, Percussion, Violins, cello, Saxophone, Trumpets, Piano and much more.
The show will be as if you are attending a theater play with dynamics and serious emotional impact in addition to interactive lighting and video clips. All in one night BAB features:
- Aziz Maraka & Razz
- Alaa’ Wardi
- Mohammed Lahham
- Farah Siraj “Our Jordanian Star from Spain”
- Yazan Haifawi
Tickets: 15 JDs / Tickets available at: Virgin, Gerard (Rainbow Street and Abdoun locations) and JuiceBangBang.
For more information please call: 079 76 76 771 (before 7 p.m.)
So Mashrou3 Leila they performed live here in Amman at the Citadel on September 11th, they performed a new song they didn’t mention the title!!!
So lets pick a title for the song…
When Womworld/Nokia asked me to try their new Nokia N8, I didn’t need to think twice ; I used to be a huge Nokia phones fan, but unfortunately they reached a point where they lost their competitive edge compared to the other devices emerging in the market.
Anyhow, I got the chance to try out the Nokia N8 for two weeks. Although two weeks were not enough to test and check this phone like I wanted to, I liked it so much that I went and got myself one and I’ve been using it for a couple months now . Let me share some of my thoughts on it.
The phone is incredibly amazing!!!
- 12-megapixel camera with Xenon flash and video HD at 720p.
- The phone design is great with unfinished curves, aluminum body and smooth sleek surface.
- Instead for carrying around a music player, a camera, a laptop and a phone; you can have all that with stellar quality in one device.
If you love taking photos and getting all artistic, then you will never miss another wonderful shot in your life again with this phone. The camera is not a normal phone camera, but rather a 12-megapixel camera with HD recording, (random pictures and videos that I took with the phone posted below).
I’m not a pro, but from what I saw and read about the phone, it apparently has the Iso settings, White balance, Scenes, Exposure control and a many other amazing features that give you great photos with unmatched quality! and for the close up mode for Macro photography is amazingly good.
In addition to the wonderful camera, Nokia N8 also provides easy-to-use connection, on the go, whether you need to connect to your business, with your friends and family, synch your e-mails, or stay in touch via Facebook, twitter , etc. all at the same time of course!
As for the Phone’s most amazing features
(with a rather more simple explanation to those of you who do not care for the technicalities):
- (3G & 2G)Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 3.5″ 16M-color AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 640 x 360 pixel resolution (Scratch resistant Gorilla glass display)
- 12 megapixel autofocus camera with xenon flash and 720p@25fps video recording (Amazing quality)
- 680 MHz ARM 11 CPU and 256 MB RAM (It’s fast!)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (you can connect to any network without the need for a data)
- microHDMI port for 720p TV-out functionality (you can watch HD on your TV if it’s HD)
- GPS receiver with A-GPS support and free lifetime voice-guided navigation (you can share your location on Nokia maps)
- Digital compass (to know where you are going if you get lost)
- 16GB on-board storage, expandable through the microSD card slot (big enough to have all your favorite media)
- DivX and XviD video support (you can watch HD movies while you are traveling)
- Stereo FM Radio with RDS, FM transmitter (you can share your music with others through the radio and your car!)
- Nice audio reproduction quality (you can finally become a secret Investigator and record anything with high quality)
- Smart and voice dialing (if you are driving for example, you can say the name out loud and the phone will call it for you)
- Symbian^3 is still behind Android and iOS usability standards
- No video light
- Camera interface is decidedly outdated
- Relatively limited 3rd party software availability
- No office document editing (without a paid upgrade)
- Battery life is not up to par with some of the better recent releases
If you do decide this phone is for you is, here is a list of some of the software I recommend.
Different Track, WhatsApp, Foursquare, Skype and a lot of games it’s amazing
You can go to Nokia Beat Labs and try the new applications some of the are still in testing! and you can give your feedback!
And because seeing is believing, check out some of the photos and videos that I took with the phone’s camera!
Yes, what you read is true!! While surfing through Facebook I found this interesting page “Peek-a-Book”, it’s for books Lovers! The idea is to basically read a book and share it with other friends or strangers in a rather interesting way; just read a book and hide it somewhere in jordan “Amman” and give a clue for the others to find it, you might find a gift with the book or not it, depends on the one who will hide it.
Thanks to Ahmad Qatato for this interesting fun idea, I’m the second one to like the page and will be hiding my own book soon
Wait for my clue, it will be an easy one, and you just might a gift
Mashrou’ Leila & Zeid And The Wings have recently performed live here in Amman at the Citadel on September 11th.
I Actually did not expect them to be that good, but they were great!! I don’t think any one can have all this energy to dance, sing and rock the crowds all at the same time! I’m so glad that we have such great and talented local bands from Jordan and Lebanon; they are genuinely trying to prove themselves and create something unique…
Personally, I really loved Mashrou’ Leila & Zeid And The Wings; they were beyond F***n’ amazing, they know what great music is all about….
Here are some of Mashrou’ Leila’s new songs…. Enjoy….
Mashrou’ Leila – Okhtak Safra